They are answered by the XTRF community and our experts
SInce the question about the word count was answered in a great way. I have a similar question for the margin. (We are using smart projects)
Would it be possible to create a VC on job level to get the margin for that language combination? This would help us checking the jobs.
Currently we report on margin on project level as a workaround.
A project has been created and a wrong Client has been associated to the project.
Is there a way to modify the "Client" when the project has been created?
I'm finding that it takes much longer than I expected to vet each individual new vendor's profile - this includes checking rates for services, viewing the attached resume/CV, looking up the vendor's professional website/LinkedIn profile, contacting references, etc. How long does it usually take VMs to vet vendors? Which sections do you make sure to view versus ignore until needed later, when the vendor is already working with you?
I have a question regarding the actual start date for a project that was started from a quote.
The current situation is: We receive a rfq, whe create a quote and some jobs in the process (file preparation jobs) need to be completed before we can do a wordcount and give the customer a price. So far so good. But when this client accepts this quote and places the order 5 days later. The project is created and the actual start date for that project is 5 days earlier.
Shouldn't this date be the date that the customer places the order, or even better the date that the first action in the project is performed after the order is placed?
We have some projects that don't work well with the available XTRF file categories:
Some examples are transcription projects, voiceover projects, and subtitling projects. It would be great to have the option to edit these, but we don't. Does anyone else deal with projects that don't fit these file types? Do you use the "Other" category frequently?
|CAT Package (Return)|
|memoQ Light Resource|
|Source to be Prepared|
We are trying to find a better way of anticipating production bottlenecks and engaging more in proactive production planning. As an LSP, it is easy to limit oneself to reactive production planning ... and deal with the consequences. Being able to anticipate bottlenecks in production resources and cyclical customer demand would help to be better prepared.
Essentially, the new productivity view that was recently introduced could be a very basic form of doing so, if it wasn't limited to 1 week!?! I truly hope the request for longer time periods (best case: date range definable by user) has been heard. This would at least cover the number and size of past/current/future jobs of a predefined (via SmartView filters) vendor group. Another way would be to extract all relevant data via API and running a custom analysis on PowerBI or equivalent.
Any other thoughts (XTRF included)?
Has anyone found a way to hyperlink text in the job instructions of Smart Projects? XTRF Customization claims this is possible, but I haven't found a way to make it work yet.
When adding a URL with or without https, or an email address, in the job instructions of the Home Portal, this is rendered as a clickable link in the Vendor Portal job instructions. But how can you render hyperlinked text in the Vendor Portal, e.g. "Click here for further details" (with hyperlink pointing to specific URL reference)?
In Classic Projects, is there a way to create a project template with the same client, instructions, and reference/terminology/work files?
We would like to create project templates in which the unchanging aspect were the client, the task instructions, and the reference, terminology or work files.
Can this be done in Classic Project?
Unless you post more requirements and the task becomes more tricky, there are several solutions:
a) create a model Project, categorize it appropriately, keep closed or always open and just Duplicate it case by case.
When duplicating, you still have these options to make the new Project a little different.
b) create a proper Project Template
It would hold the entire structure of LCs and Tasks but upon creating a new Project, you would be able to modify those.
c) create a client-dedicated Workflow Definition.
This option would not carry any language combinations or more complex structure, though.
when our PM are working on a project they sometimes have to contact translators. At the moment it is very difficult for them to access vendor details such as phone number. They actually have to open another XTRF in another window whicht is very cumbersome and not good for performance. Do you have any idea how this can be solved? If for example we could just click on the venodor name from the project that you then see vendor details such as phone number?
Just watched the recorded webinar "Automation of the Translation Process" and had a few questions (possibly for Maciej):
- Number of Availability Days does not seem to be available for the Select Vendor popup view, correct? This is a great feature I was unaware of and I can reproduce it on the regular Vendor view, but not where it would be most useful (Select Vendor view in actual project).
- Job Offer page (hyperlink in Job Offer mail to vendors) does not show the Volume (source words) information that was entered to automate the approximate deadline. Is this a settings issue? The need for proposing an alternative deadline from the vendor side is already discussed elsewhere on this forum.
- Preferred Vendors on customer level is very useful. Any way of ranking such vendors? In the real world, you will have a pool of preferred vendors by client, but within that pool a prioritization is needed to make sure 1st choice is contacted first before the backup candidates.
- While there is the useful function to split a job, is there any way to merge jobs, e.g. that have been automatically split but will be handled by the same vendor (e.g. freelancers decline job and jobs are assigned to agency instead)?
I don't know how this was missed and I believe you found your answers long time ago, but to confirm:
- No, this filter is not available there, in the Select Vendor pop-up. The upcoming Vendor Workload overhaul should be helpful
- Volume is not meant for the Vendors. It is a Project-level attribute and would be irrelevant for any Vendor, whose work is not counted by the main calculation unit, or is just involved in a fraction of the general volume.
- There is no ranking for preferred vendors, no.
- There is no smart way to merge jobs. You need to reassign languages and delete the unused, empty job with no languages. If you have several jobs with different Payables, dates and statuses, merging them raises a ton of questions.
Customer support service by UserEcho