They are answered by the XTRF community and our experts
Are there any memoQ integrated smart project users who implemented MT and MTPE into their processes?
Any chance to share insights on how you set up the automation part of it? We are aiming at a highly automated process, obviously.
Ideally we would like to have a separate process template for that, but CAT tool integrated process steps are reportedly not cloneable. So for now we'll work with regular CAT tool integrated process steps, mapped with the available roles in memoQ. This means we'll have to look into other options to automate: price profiles.
But here we stumble upon the roadblock of fully automated provider selection rules. We can filter on categories matching the correct provider, but unfortunately not the correct vendor price profile will be used... as job types from these steps are 'translation' and 'proofreading' which are used for regular translation and proofreading jobs in the default price profile.
Does anyone see or use another workaround that meets the "highly/fully automated" requirement?
Thanks a lot!
Just watched the recorded webinar "Automation of the Translation Process" and had a few questions (possibly for Maciej):
- Number of Availability Days does not seem to be available for the Select Vendor popup view, correct? This is a great feature I was unaware of and I can reproduce it on the regular Vendor view, but not where it would be most useful (Select Vendor view in actual project).
- Job Offer page (hyperlink in Job Offer mail to vendors) does not show the Volume (source words) information that was entered to automate the approximate deadline. Is this a settings issue? The need for proposing an alternative deadline from the vendor side is already discussed elsewhere on this forum.
- Preferred Vendors on customer level is very useful. Any way of ranking such vendors? In the real world, you will have a pool of preferred vendors by client, but within that pool a prioritization is needed to make sure 1st choice is contacted first before the backup candidates.
- While there is the useful function to split a job, is there any way to merge jobs, e.g. that have been automatically split but will be handled by the same vendor (e.g. freelancers decline job and jobs are assigned to agency instead)?
I don't know how this was missed and I believe you found your answers long time ago, but to confirm:
- No, this filter is not available there, in the Select Vendor pop-up. The upcoming Vendor Workload overhaul should be helpful
- Volume is not meant for the Vendors. It is a Project-level attribute and would be irrelevant for any Vendor, whose work is not counted by the main calculation unit, or is just involved in a fraction of the general volume.
- There is no ranking for preferred vendors, no.
- There is no smart way to merge jobs. You need to reassign languages and delete the unused, empty job with no languages. If you have several jobs with different Payables, dates and statuses, merging them raises a ton of questions.
I am trying to give Smart Projects another chance. I searched for this issue in the forum but couldn't find a matching topic. Is there no way to copy a task (receivables) from one language down to 10 more? It seems quite tedious to do it manually 10 times.
In Invoicing > Vendor Payables we can only see vendor payables, for which an invoice has been submitted. So this is essentially the same as "Vendor Invoices". How can we see Vendor Payables that haven't been invoiced yet, but are due to be invoiced soon?
The two subtabs Client Receivables & Vendor Payables are not what they sound like.
Neither invoices as such, nor the project-related Receivables / Payables, they rather show 'amounts due' for the respective financials, which result from invoicing.
Study this example.
Most of the time, your invoices are due as entire items. But sometimes, you need to split payments or expect an invoice to be paid in halves at different times. That's when you see more than one Client Receivable for a single invoice. See below. I applied split payment on this example invoice 2019/15, therefore I expect to receive two amounts with different due dates.
Inside the invoice, I chose 50/50 payment terms. Notice Desription field with two dates and the details.
And this is how it's set up.
To answer your question: it would be best if you used Projects > Jobs overview. It's where you can see all jobs, filter by their status, invoicing status, as well as their expected invoicing date.
We were using some custom fields on the Job scope in Classic Projects, now in Smart Projects, there is not such fields. And neither there is an option in custom fields to add them to the Process/Jobs scope in Smart Projects.
Is there a workaround or a way to use the custom fields in Smart Projects for the jobs?
You are right, custom fields are not available / visible on Smart Project jobs. We don't really have a workaround these days.
There has been a discussion here, but not a particularly intense one.
We want to identify potential editors for a specific client. In order to be considered, these vendors must already have worked on 50 or more translation or transcription jobs for this client. I'm having trouble pulling this data.
In the Vendors module, I can find vendors who have done at least 50 jobs, including at least one job for this client. This means that I'll sometimes find vendors who have done more than 50 jobs but only one or two jobs for the client. I don't want them to appear in my search because they aren't qualified to be considered for editing.
In Projects > Jobs, I can find all the jobs a vendor has done for this client, but it's time-consuming to tally the number of jobs per vendor.
How can I find vendors who've done 50 or more jobs for this specific client? Thanks.
We want to find an easier way for PMs to view vendor feedback when sending job offers. However, PM feedback (both qualitative and quantitative) is specific to individual past jobs.
Our current workarounds include:
- a Vendor Feedback View we created in Projects > Jobs (PMs find it cumbersome to use this additional view when searching for vendors)
- Inserting a column for vendor Notes in the views PMs use to send vendors job offers (in Vendors > Price Profiles)
Are there any other ways to get vendor feedback into the view PMs use when searching for vendors?
Hello! I have a project with multiple files that are due on different dates. Is it possible to set all these different partial delivery dates anywhere in the system? I have my start and end date, but can't figure out how to set partial delivery dates. Thank you!
Hello. We recently did a DTP project with 25 target languages. They were all worked on by the same designer. When it was time to issue the PO, the system wouldn't let me do it unless I created a PO for EACH language individually. I wanted to just have all languages in the same PO so I could issue a PO for the total amount for the vendor. Is that possible? Thank you!
Looking for best practices here. I know we can probably order a custom virtual column that would present the deadline and then have it colored in orange when the deadline is getting close and then turn red when the deadline is missed.
Curious to hear how all of you handle this.
Customer support service by UserEcho