They are answered by the XTRF community and our experts
I would like to know how to create a display (on my dashboard or anywhere else) that presents who is on holiday today/this week/any other selected date rage.
Pls advise how to to do it, as I couldn't find instruction anywhere.
How are you XTRF/memoQ users handling the wrapping up of projects in memoQ? Currently there is no API command (to my knowledge) that allows XTRF to wrap up a completed project in memoQ. This leads to lots of unwrapped memoQ projects and therefore to lots of Working TMs as TM reference material in new XTRF projects.
So far we have had to ask our PMs to wrap up projects manually. PMs currently do this once a week to reduce the amount of Working TMs in XTRF, as the wrap-up action submit Working TM to Master TM in memoQ.
I had asked XTRF to incorporate a wrap-up API call from XTRF to memoQ when the XTRF project is closed, as this seems to be the most logical and practical time to run this action. However, I was told that this is not a common request by XTRF/memoQ users. Therefore, I would like to check with all of you in case I am missing something.
Thanks in advance!
We have been using Smart Projects for almost 9 months now and have found workarounds for most situations. But from time to time, we want to make sure we are not falling into bad habits, but instead are using the system as efficiently as possible. To this end, I wanted to get the community involved to see what you have found to be the best way to monitor the status and need for action for numerous projects at the same time, e.g. at least 50-100 open projects simultaneously.
So far we have used a hybrid approach of:
* List of open projects
* List of jobs due today or earlier
* Systematically adding an internal "project preparation" step to all projects, which we only set to Ready once all vendors have been assigned, finances are verified, and the project confirmation to customer has been sent out
While this works fairly well, it is surely not ideal. The main purpose of a project management system is to have a clear and organised overview of running projects and jobs. The Smart Projects Dashboard is, at best, a half-hearted effort to achieve that. And the Notification section in the top bar is not practical or reliable at this point (see other threads on this topic).
So as we wait for a better solution to be developed, what other ways have you found to be effective in keeping an overview?
We have many clients that are using Machine Translation and we have to assign a rate for that Match Type both for clients and vendors. We use memoQ as our CAT Tool. XTRF is telling me that it is impossible to add a line to the Grid. How do you handle this?
what are XTRF's plans with regards to implementing a 2FA login using a hardware token or any other 2nd factor authorisation?
How do other users secure login to the system? Do you limit login access to Home Portal from a specific IP or does anybody use any other ways to secure unauthorised login?
Here is an idea - when customer request a quote often he doesn't know all the options available. For example, he request a translation (in his understanding it's a service with only one job type) via email. But we instead provide him with a package quote with different options to choose:
- translation only
- translation + revision
- translation + revision + QA, etc.
Of course we can indicate those as different services and workflows in the system.
But the idea here is to give customer a possibility to choose directly from the e-mail/portal the option that best suits his needs and indicate the price for each option.
Then, in a perfect scenario he chooses the option via 1 click and PM receives notification and quote is converted into a project with selected service.
What are your thoughts on this?
How possible is this scenario? Maybe someone has some advice or workarounds for this?
Has anyone used the add-on feature of the work log, where users can track how much time they are spending on different tasks? If so, do you have any thoughts regarding its usefulness and accuracy?
Customers will send changed source documents quite frequently. Even though we are experienced users of Smart Projects, we are not sure whether we are using best practices for such scenarios. Quite some time ago, we discussed the need for better handling of source document reimports (integrated with memoQ). Not sure where this is on the roadmap, which is why I would like to UE community benefit from this discussion.
(1) Integrated memoQ project with bilingual source documents already created, but translator hasn't started.
(2) Integrated memoQ project with bilingual source documents already created and translator has started, but not delivered.
(3) Integrated memoQ project with bilingual source documents already created and translator has started and delivered. Bilingual document is now with proofreader.
What is the best way to handle both file management and finances (receivables/payables) in these scenarios with the current Smart Project design?
Vendor availability is a useful parameter for PMs when planning projects. Based on the productivity of each vendor and the assigned jobs, the remaining availability for the vendor is displayed as a graph or percentage. Has anyone else come across the following issues and are these bugs or is there a workaround?
- If a job is accepted but does not specify a volume yet (e.g. project announced by customer without volume info), the availability of the vendor for the estimated time period of the job is completely blocked, i.e. the availability is down to 0%. The same is true for editing jobs that are specified/billed by the hour once the job is finished. Rather than completely blocking the vendor availability when the volume of the job is not known yet, the availability should either remain unaffected (until volume is entered for the job) or a more sophisticated indicator for unspecified volumes is used (color, pattern, asterisk, etc.).
- Vacation days entered by vendors block the availability on those days. The current issue is that XTRF does not use calendar days (e.g. June 20) but hourly ranges (e.g. 00:01 to 23:59 of June 20) for this blocking action. Due to different time zones, one vacation day as entered by the vendor now registers as two vacation days in the Home Portal (e.g. June 20 and 21). I believe this is a known issue, as the time zone bug has been on the list for a long time. But since development seems to be driven by voting now, I wanted to get this out to the UE community.
Customer support service by UserEcho