They are answered by the XTRF community and our experts
Customers will send changed source documents quite frequently. Even though we are experienced users of Smart Projects, we are not sure whether we are using best practices for such scenarios. Quite some time ago, we discussed the need for better handling of source document reimports (integrated with memoQ). Not sure where this is on the roadmap, which is why I would like to UE community benefit from this discussion.
(1) Integrated memoQ project with bilingual source documents already created, but translator hasn't started.
(2) Integrated memoQ project with bilingual source documents already created and translator has started, but not delivered.
(3) Integrated memoQ project with bilingual source documents already created and translator has started and delivered. Bilingual document is now with proofreader.
What is the best way to handle both file management and finances (receivables/payables) in these scenarios with the current Smart Project design?
Here is an idea - when customer request a quote often he doesn't know all the options available. For example, he request a translation (in his understanding it's a service with only one job type) via email. But we instead provide him with a package quote with different options to choose:
- translation only
- translation + revision
- translation + revision + QA, etc.
Of course we can indicate those as different services and workflows in the system.
But the idea here is to give customer a possibility to choose directly from the e-mail/portal the option that best suits his needs and indicate the price for each option.
Then, in a perfect scenario he chooses the option via 1 click and PM receives notification and quote is converted into a project with selected service.
What are your thoughts on this?
How possible is this scenario? Maybe someone has some advice or workarounds for this?
Has anyone used the add-on feature of the work log, where users can track how much time they are spending on different tasks? If so, do you have any thoughts regarding its usefulness and accuracy?
How can we run a LQA process in XTRF with external documents and link them to the vendors.
Use case: we evaluate vendors periodically with a balance score card
Ideally we would use XTRF e.g. the reports section "Client Feedback" to add the LQA information and to close with Pass or Fail.
How does the rest of XTRF users deal with this issue?
As you may know, PM can leave notes to Vendors using the Instructions tab.
Also, Vendors can send a note to the PM when performing or completing a Job. However, PMs cannot reply to Vendors' notes and the communication is not fluid. Sometimes transit between PMs and Vendors may require more than two contacts.
We need a more fluid communication between PMs and Vendors. For instance, for large or difficult projects, Vendors should be able to contact the PM and clarify any doubts.
We propose that this functionality/option be included in XTRF (Classic Projects) so as to allow PMs and Vendors to communicate more than 1 time by either including the option of replying to Vendors' notes or including a ''Chat'' functionality.
@Juan, the idea of a "chat functionality" has already appeared on our Product Development Ideas forum. Feel free to leave your input / like there.
We are looking closely at the topic of better in-project communication between the PM and vendors. We're hoping to share some outcomes of our research soon.
There was talk to have this feature implemented for 8.2 and then 8.3. For which version is it currently planned?
Besides formatting tools to differentiate and highlight important pieces of information in these notes fields, having active hyperlink that are clickable in the notes fields would be very practical.
Hi Sancho. In XTRF 8.1 we introduced clickable links for Client Notes (Client Portal) and Instructions from PM (Vendor Portal). There are no plans for the nearest future to introduce a WYSIWYG editor for the notes fields or formatting by means of markdown (although it was in our plans some time ago, indeed).
Here's a related discussion on Product Development Ideas forum - I can see you already "liked" it and posted your comment.
When we setup our workflows, in the workflow jobs, we use the option 'Default Vendor' is the 'Current PM'. Is there a way that we can get another category added, which links to the project's profile, such as Account Manager (preferred) or Project Coordinator? This way, that person would be assigned to that workflow job in the workflow and we don't have to add them at every instance?
Thank you, Mindy
Vendor availability is a useful parameter for PMs when planning projects. Based on the productivity of each vendor and the assigned jobs, the remaining availability for the vendor is displayed as a graph or percentage. Has anyone else come across the following issues and are these bugs or is there a workaround?
- If a job is accepted but does not specify a volume yet (e.g. project announced by customer without volume info), the availability of the vendor for the estimated time period of the job is completely blocked, i.e. the availability is down to 0%. The same is true for editing jobs that are specified/billed by the hour once the job is finished. Rather than completely blocking the vendor availability when the volume of the job is not known yet, the availability should either remain unaffected (until volume is entered for the job) or a more sophisticated indicator for unspecified volumes is used (color, pattern, asterisk, etc.).
- Vacation days entered by vendors block the availability on those days. The current issue is that XTRF does not use calendar days (e.g. June 20) but hourly ranges (e.g. 00:01 to 23:59 of June 20) for this blocking action. Due to different time zones, one vacation day as entered by the vendor now registers as two vacation days in the Home Portal (e.g. June 20 and 21). I believe this is a known issue, as the time zone bug has been on the list for a long time. But since development seems to be driven by voting now, I wanted to get this out to the UE community.
When hitting cancel in the receivables or payebles window a page refesh still occurs.
This was solved for the save button. It would be great if tis also gets resolved for the cancel button.
Are there any memoQ integrated smart project users who implemented MT and MTPE into their processes?
Any chance to share insights on how you set up the automation part of it? We are aiming at a highly automated process, obviously.
Ideally we would like to have a separate process template for that, but CAT tool integrated process steps are reportedly not cloneable. So for now we'll work with regular CAT tool integrated process steps, mapped with the available roles in memoQ. This means we'll have to look into other options to automate: price profiles.
But here we stumble upon the roadblock of fully automated provider selection rules. We can filter on categories matching the correct provider, but unfortunately not the correct vendor price profile will be used... as job types from these steps are 'translation' and 'proofreading' which are used for regular translation and proofreading jobs in the default price profile.
Does anyone see or use another workaround that meets the "highly/fully automated" requirement?
Thanks a lot!
Customer support service by UserEcho