They are answered by the XTRF community and our experts
I like the 5-point scale job evaluation because it is useful and very simple at the same time. But it looks like this feature was built with the intention of having the Project Manager enter the evaluation. I would much rather have the Proofreaders enter the evaluation for each translation job - ideally in a way that the job can only be moved forward to the next status once the Proofreader has entered the evaluation. That way we would collect evaluations for each and every translation job, without any hassle for the Project Manager.
Customers will send changed source documents quite frequently. Even though we are experienced users of Smart Projects, we are not sure whether we are using best practices for such scenarios. Quite some time ago, we discussed the need for better handling of source document reimports (integrated with memoQ). Not sure where this is on the roadmap, which is why I would like to UE community benefit from this discussion.
(1) Integrated memoQ project with bilingual source documents already created, but translator hasn't started.
(2) Integrated memoQ project with bilingual source documents already created and translator has started, but not delivered.
(3) Integrated memoQ project with bilingual source documents already created and translator has started and delivered. Bilingual document is now with proofreader.
What is the best way to handle both file management and finances (receivables/payables) in these scenarios with the current Smart Project design?
Here's the instruction on how to reimport documents in memoQ without breaking the integration:
Vendor availability is a useful parameter for PMs when planning projects. Based on the productivity of each vendor and the assigned jobs, the remaining availability for the vendor is displayed as a graph or percentage. Has anyone else come across the following issues and are these bugs or is there a workaround?
- If a job is accepted but does not specify a volume yet (e.g. project announced by customer without volume info), the availability of the vendor for the estimated time period of the job is completely blocked, i.e. the availability is down to 0%. The same is true for editing jobs that are specified/billed by the hour once the job is finished. Rather than completely blocking the vendor availability when the volume of the job is not known yet, the availability should either remain unaffected (until volume is entered for the job) or a more sophisticated indicator for unspecified volumes is used (color, pattern, asterisk, etc.).
- Vacation days entered by vendors block the availability on those days. The current issue is that XTRF does not use calendar days (e.g. June 20) but hourly ranges (e.g. 00:01 to 23:59 of June 20) for this blocking action. Due to different time zones, one vacation day as entered by the vendor now registers as two vacation days in the Home Portal (e.g. June 20 and 21). I believe this is a known issue, as the time zone bug has been on the list for a long time. But since development seems to be driven by voting now, I wanted to get this out to the UE community.
When hitting cancel in the receivables or payebles window a page refesh still occurs.
This was solved for the save button. It would be great if tis also gets resolved for the cancel button.
Our team considers that it would be an important improvement of XTRF if you included the options "Send Welcome Email" and "Send Password Reset E-mail" in the providers section that are already available for customers. This functionality would allow us to contact new providers and send them an email to reset their passwords.
Thank you :)
Here is an idea - when customer request a quote often he doesn't know all the options available. For example, he request a translation (in his understanding it's a service with only one job type) via email. But we instead provide him with a package quote with different options to choose:
- translation only
- translation + revision
- translation + revision + QA, etc.
Of course we can indicate those as different services and workflows in the system.
But the idea here is to give customer a possibility to choose directly from the e-mail/portal the option that best suits his needs and indicate the price for each option.
Then, in a perfect scenario he chooses the option via 1 click and PM receives notification and quote is converted into a project with selected service.
What are your thoughts on this?
How possible is this scenario? Maybe someone has some advice or workarounds for this?
Has anyone used the add-on feature of the work log, where users can track how much time they are spending on different tasks? If so, do you have any thoughts regarding its usefulness and accuracy?
I’m here to ask somebody ur opinion.
I’ve found out that “tab” INSTRUCTIONS FROM CLIENT” doesn't support formatting images and it is a simple text editor.
Does somebody think that could be a good idea for ur business too, to be able to copy and paste also some pics/screenshot?
XTRF’s support asked me to bring this discussion here:
Thank you for contacting XTRF Support Team.
Unfortunately, "Instructions from Client" doesn't support formatting images. As you wrote it is a simple text editor. However, If you think it is a good idea for the business to have this feature in future releases, please share your thoughts on UserEcho.
We work with a sales and a project management team, and sometimes both of them are editing a project at the same time - perhaps adding additional information in the notes or assigning providers, etc.
Currently this means that someone's work won't be saved due to the system not being able to handle two lots of editing at the same time, and it's impossible to know when this will be the case as the system doesn't warn us until we try and save the work.
We'd like to suggest having some visibility of who is working on that particular project at the moment, like when you log in to a sharepoint file and you can see in the top of the page the person working on the project. Then we know not to try and edit it or can at least talk to the person to see how long they'll be working in there.
How can we run a LQA process in XTRF with external documents and link them to the vendors.
Use case: we evaluate vendors periodically with a balance score card
Ideally we would use XTRF e.g. the reports section "Client Feedback" to add the LQA information and to close with Pass or Fail.
How does the rest of XTRF users deal with this issue?
Customer support service by UserEcho