They are answered by the XTRF community and our experts
when our PM are working on a project they sometimes have to contact translators. At the moment it is very difficult for them to access vendor details such as phone number. They actually have to open another XTRF in another window whicht is very cumbersome and not good for performance. Do you have any idea how this can be solved? If for example we could just click on the venodor name from the project that you then see vendor details such as phone number?
Just watched the recorded webinar "Automation of the Translation Process" and had a few questions (possibly for Maciej):
- Number of Availability Days does not seem to be available for the Select Vendor popup view, correct? This is a great feature I was unaware of and I can reproduce it on the regular Vendor view, but not where it would be most useful (Select Vendor view in actual project).
- Job Offer page (hyperlink in Job Offer mail to vendors) does not show the Volume (source words) information that was entered to automate the approximate deadline. Is this a settings issue? The need for proposing an alternative deadline from the vendor side is already discussed elsewhere on this forum.
- Preferred Vendors on customer level is very useful. Any way of ranking such vendors? In the real world, you will have a pool of preferred vendors by client, but within that pool a prioritization is needed to make sure 1st choice is contacted first before the backup candidates.
- While there is the useful function to split a job, is there any way to merge jobs, e.g. that have been automatically split but will be handled by the same vendor (e.g. freelancers decline job and jobs are assigned to agency instead)?
I don't know how this was missed and I believe you found your answers long time ago, but to confirm:
- No, this filter is not available there, in the Select Vendor pop-up. The upcoming Vendor Workload overhaul should be helpful
- Volume is not meant for the Vendors. It is a Project-level attribute and would be irrelevant for any Vendor, whose work is not counted by the main calculation unit, or is just involved in a fraction of the general volume.
- There is no ranking for preferred vendors, no.
- There is no smart way to merge jobs. You need to reassign languages and delete the unused, empty job with no languages. If you have several jobs with different Payables, dates and statuses, merging them raises a ton of questions.
I am trying to give Smart Projects another chance. I searched for this issue in the forum but couldn't find a matching topic. Is there no way to copy a task (receivables) from one language down to 10 more? It seems quite tedious to do it manually 10 times.
We were using some custom fields on the Job scope in Classic Projects, now in Smart Projects, there is not such fields. And neither there is an option in custom fields to add them to the Process/Jobs scope in Smart Projects.
Is there a workaround or a way to use the custom fields in Smart Projects for the jobs?
You are right, custom fields are not available / visible on Smart Project jobs. We don't really have a workaround these days.
There has been a discussion here, but not a particularly intense one.
We want to identify potential editors for a specific client. In order to be considered, these vendors must already have worked on 50 or more translation or transcription jobs for this client. I'm having trouble pulling this data.
In the Vendors module, I can find vendors who have done at least 50 jobs, including at least one job for this client. This means that I'll sometimes find vendors who have done more than 50 jobs but only one or two jobs for the client. I don't want them to appear in my search because they aren't qualified to be considered for editing.
In Projects > Jobs, I can find all the jobs a vendor has done for this client, but it's time-consuming to tally the number of jobs per vendor.
How can I find vendors who've done 50 or more jobs for this specific client? Thanks.
We want to find an easier way for PMs to view vendor feedback when sending job offers. However, PM feedback (both qualitative and quantitative) is specific to individual past jobs.
Our current workarounds include:
- a Vendor Feedback View we created in Projects > Jobs (PMs find it cumbersome to use this additional view when searching for vendors)
- Inserting a column for vendor Notes in the views PMs use to send vendors job offers (in Vendors > Price Profiles)
Are there any other ways to get vendor feedback into the view PMs use when searching for vendors?
Hello! I have a project with multiple files that are due on different dates. Is it possible to set all these different partial delivery dates anywhere in the system? I have my start and end date, but can't figure out how to set partial delivery dates. Thank you!
Hello. We recently did a DTP project with 25 target languages. They were all worked on by the same designer. When it was time to issue the PO, the system wouldn't let me do it unless I created a PO for EACH language individually. I wanted to just have all languages in the same PO so I could issue a PO for the total amount for the vendor. Is that possible? Thank you!
Is there a way to accept just one language in a multilingual project quote? Can I convert it to a project, but just selecting the languages I want to work on?
I am trying to display the specializations of vendors in the smart view of vendors. I can get the Specializations criterion for the filter, but not as a column, which would show all the specializations of the vendors in the list. Am I missing something? Or is the column missing in this section of XTRF?
Customer support service by UserEcho