Automatic People Assignments is a feature used to pre-define who will take care of newly added quotes and projects. It allows to assign Project Managers to particular projects based on sold service. When your staff takes care of projects by client, then the default setting is just enough for you and nothing has to be changed.
Automatic People Assignments is an Automation defined per Service.
To configure Automatic People Assignments:
- Go to Configuration menu.
- Go to Projects and Quotes > Automations (alternatively, start typing "Automations" in the menu's Search field).
- Scroll down to Automatic People Assignments card.
- (optional) Click Add Service button in the upper-right corner of the card if you would like to configure different behavior of the automation depending on the Service offered. The Add Service window appears.
- Select at least one Service. Click Add Service button to save your selection.
- From the list on the left-hand side of the card, click on a Service for which you want to configure the automation.*
- Select Project Manager from the list:
- Logged-In User is the default for situations when the PM should be the creator of a Smart Quote or Smart Project.
- Assign PM from Client profile is the best option when the correct people are already defined in the Sales Data tab of a client profile.
- Selecting a specific person from the list of users activated on your system is also possible.
*All created cases are listed in the left-hand side of the Automatic People Assignments card. Services not added to any Case are grouped under default 'All other services' case. A Service can be selected only once, but one case can group many Services.
To delete a case, simply proceed towards the right and click on the Trash icon. As a result, the Services from the deleted case will be moved to "All other services" at the bottom. "All other services" cannot be deleted.
This Automation is always on as there always is a need to assign a PM to a newly added project.
This automation only makes sense when configured before quote or project are created. That is why there is no automation icon on the People card.
Customer support service by UserEcho