I thought I should start this topic since I have seen several other people in various threads unhappy with both the number of bugs introduced in new versions as well as the time it takes to fix these.
The purpose here is not to vent our frustrations about the various issues, but to see if people agree both that there are serious problems with the bugs as well as propose ways to better address these in the future.
For example, my main problems/issues with the process are:
- Obviously, lack of testing before a version is released
- There is not a "current list of bugs" for each version available here or anywhere else, which means we are wasting time double checking if something is indeed a bug, creating tickets, providing documentation, ways to replicate, etc., while someone else has done that already. A simple "I am experiencing this same bug" button would work better and save time both for us, as well as XTRF who have to go through multiple tickets for the same bug.
- Resolving tickets seems to take forever. Major bugs should be resolved quickly, but sometimes we need to wait for months(!) before a fix is available
- On a number of occasions, support staff has misunderstood the ticket (although it was very clearly explained, with screenshots, steps to reproduce, etc.) which meant at least a couple of wasted weeks before they got on the right track to addressing the actual issue
- The way of contacting support is unproductive. We send a ticket, they reply a couple of days later with a question, we reply immediately, they reply a couple of days later with another question. Things which would have been resolved in no time if there was direct communication (chat, skype, video call, anything), take days or weeks
What do you think? Do you experience these issues as well? Do you have any more to add? Any ideas on how to improve things?
Customer support service by UserEcho