CAT Analyses options are available in the Smart Projects / Quotes under ‘Files’ and ‘Finance’ cards.
The following conditions need to be met to get the analysis from memoQ through the integration:
- A memoQ-integrated Process has been selected
- A linked project in CAT tool has been created
- At least one remote Bilingual Document is available in the project
- Go to the Files card of a Smart Project or Smart Quote in question.
- (Optional) Use Filter Files button to find the desired files quicker.
- Select files you want to analyse using checkboxes to the left of the file names.
- Click File Actions > Get CAT Analysis.
New CAT analysis files get added to the files list:
- If remote Bilingual Documents were selected, the analysis includes only the language pairs of the selected files.
- If Source Documents were selected, the analysis includes all language pairs in the Project.
Analyses come in a format configured in your memoQ integration, usually it’s .csv.
- Go to the ‘Finance’ card.
- Click on Add Receivables using CAT analyses and / or Add Payables using CAT analyses
- In the drop down menu click on Get CAT analysis from memoQ for the language pairs you need.
- Click on the Add Receivables or Add Payables button at the bottom of the window.
New CAT analysis files get added to the files list, one for each selected language pair. This method works for remote Bilingual Documents only.Analyses come in a format configured in your memoQ integration, usually it’s .csv.
Get CAT Analysis option is not available if:
- There is no linked project in the CAT tool
- No remote Bilingual Documents have been created in the CAT tool
- No files have been selected
- Files other than Bilingual Document or Source Document have been selected.
Sources for CAT analyses
In Smart Projects you can get CAT analyses for files categorized as a ‘Source Document’ or a remote ‘Bilingual Document’. Technically, getting CAT analyses for files means getting the analyses for the corresponding remote Bilingual Documents created in the CAT tool. You cannot analyse files that have not been converted to remote Bilingual Documents in the CAT tool.
Tools for CAT analyses
The files are analyzed with remote Translation Memories (TMs) available in the CAT tool project. This means that the TMs have to be provided either directly in the CAT tool or in a memoQ Project Template. Otherwise, no TM is used for the analysis. Currently,
Translation Memories cannot be imported to the CAT tool through the integration.
Customer support service by UserEcho